The Home Action Team is a division of the Laura Fergusson Trust (Canterbury) and has a highly experienced group of Allied Heath Practitioners:
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Social Workers
The Home Action Team (HAT) have provided assessment services to ACC, private companies and individuals for over 23 years. The team have specialist skills in assessing clients with spinal, traumatic brain injury and other complex injuries which has arisen from their collective and extensive number of years’ experience working in the Burwood Spinal Unit, District Health Board and community therapy services.
A key strength the assessors demonstrate is their ability to build trust with their clients, family/whanau and support persons. In turn this creates strong working relationships where dignity and respect are central. Clients may work alongside one or several therapists at one time and connections are maintained over many years.
The assessors maintain connections with staff within the local hospitals acute and rehabilitation services and keep close liaison with the branch and serious injury teams at ACC. This facilitates assessors being fully informed on a client’s progress, discharge planning, goals and outcomes they are working towards.
HAT believe in respecting a client’s culture, values and beliefs which is critical to the success of any interaction especially as services provided occur within a client’s home or community environment.
The team delivers social rehabilitation services to clients to assist in supporting individuals to reach their maximum independence.
The Home Action Team provides:
- Standard to complex wheelchair and seating assessments including scripting and set up
- Housing assessments and modifications options
- Needs assessments including personal care, home help, child care and activity of daily management
- Driving assessments and transport options including vehicle modifications scripting, medical fitness to drive reviews and vehicle suitability guidance
- Nursing assessment for would care management ,consumable scripting and associated education
- Rehab equipment assessments and advice on options and training on use
Referrals to the Home Action Team
GP referral for Driving Assessment
General Referral Form
Our Contracts include:
- Wheelchair and Seating Assessment (W&S)
- Integrated Rehabiliation Assessment (IRA)
- Transport for Independence Assessment (TFI)
- Single Discipline Assessment (SDA)
- Housing Modification Assessment